Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all survived this year's holiday season. I know I did. To make a long story short, I over baked the pies (by 1 hour). No, there was no smoke and in fact they still look pretty good. I forgot to plug in the crock pot with the ham. We survived one of Nicole's freak outs (she did lose tv previleges for the week). However, all being said, dinner was esquisite; the children hauled it in; and nobody was murdered.

This Christmas has taught me a lot about control. I don't have any. I need to rely on God for control and let his will be done. I need to relax and not sweat the small stuff. I will remember this for New Year's Eve......we will be at the in-laws.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and Leroy, and the kids.

Anonymous said...

I found your adventure in the kitchen amusing. Of course, that is a part of your delightful nature. Perhaps your discovery is an Eureka moment that all whom are subject to His authority must come to understand to fully benefit from His grace. Back here we are learning how Jesus' birth cannot be severed from his death.

I did survive Christmas and New Years; it was a happy time.

To you and Leroy, Thomas and Nichole, may you have a splendid year. don't forget to send some pictures our way.

DD

Anonymous said...

Why'd you stop posting to this blog?!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel