Monday, June 29, 2009

"Ephphatha!"

He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!" ). Mark 7 v 34

I read this verse this morning during my daily devotion and it has stayed with me since. Be open. Some of my friends would say I'm an open book. I am known as a talker (LOL). I couldn't get away with anything when I was a kid as I was a poor liar. You ask me something and I'll answer it "truthfully." I say truthfully because if someone asks about my past or present, I'll answer honestly but on a need to know basis. For example, I'll tell people my grandparents raised me, but I won't elaborate on the why (future posts). What people don't know is that there is a wall around me that has some cracks, but I've pretty well fortified it so that most people don't see the hurt and pain behind it.

I feel God placed this verse upon me today, not just to be open to others, but to be open to Him. I've even kept Him at a distance. The one who should be the closest, the one who I can be totally honest with because He knows all, is the one I definetly keep at arms reach. God is Abba, the Father who doesn't accuse, doesn't lie, doesn't neglect us, doesn't abandon us. He is always there, always present, always loving IF we allow Him past the wall. I've been slowly tearing down this wall. Some days I take down 2 bricks, some days I add a few more. It is a slow and long process as I learn to trust Him with everything and give Him the controls.

Each one of us needs to keep God closest to us and lay at His feet our hurts, pains, sorrows, and joys. Through prayer and reading His word we can be "Ephphatha!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle, this is so beautiful! And I get what you mean about the walls - I may be able to start tearing down one side, but a lot of times I'm busy building up the other three for extra protection.

I'm so glad to call you friend!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel