Friday, April 19, 2013

Caffeinated Randomness - Brewed Life


 photo CIMG2107-1-1-1.jpg

It's been one of those weeks and I still don't think there is enough coffee in the world to help me deal with it.  This week I thought I would share some bloggy coffee things that have made me smile this week.  I even took a quiz for what kind of coffee I would be.  I got :

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high

I don't like espressos, but have to agree about the description of me.  For those who know me personally, I think you would agree.  



This is really how I feel sometimes about coffee.  It is dangerous in my house when mommy hasn't had any coffee.  I once made an blood work appointment at 10:30 am and of course it was one of those fasting ones.  Of course, the lab was running 30 minutes late.  I wanted to tell the assistant at the desk that I didn't have coffee and people could get hurt if they didn't get me in and out of there.  The first place I went to after was Starbucks.  Luckily there was one 10 seconds away from the lab.  Oh, if that Starbucks would just go into business with the lab, I think everyone would be satisfied.


Every morning the first thing I do is make a cup of coffee in my Keurig.  I do this even before taking my thyroid medicine.  I read recently that when you pray you should consider it a personal "visit" with God.  While when I have friends over we drink coffee, so I know God would only expect me to treat him the same way.   


If I don't get my cup of coffee, people should run.  There was one camping trip I decided to take instant coffee and not to shower for the weekend as we were only there for two nights.  By Sunday morning, after having the most disgusting coffee of all time, my wonderful husband handed me a towel and $10.00 and told me to take a shower and get a cup of coffee at the campground cafe.  I guess for everyone's safety and probably my own (there might of been a revolt against mom), my husband was very wise.  Last year I thought I would give up coffee for lent.  My husband banned that idea.  I then remembered the camping trip and realized I couldn't even get through two days.  I don't even want to imagine 40 days without it.  


I love Star Wars.  Coffee and Star Wars.  It is a match made in heaven.  ;)



Joy indeed does come in the morning.  Coffee and God.  God and Coffee.  It's what gets me through life.  

What kind of coffee are you?  What is your vice?  Come and join the other Java Junkies with your randomness this week.  (PS.  I know not all of you drink coffee, but join in the fun anyway.)





10 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Wiener Melange( love it).

Aritha V. said...

But the test says: You are a black coffee :-)At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: grumpy and stressed. You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it

Your caffeine addiction level: high

Unknown said...

Lol I'm black coffee as well. Yep it's me. :)

Renaissance Women said...

I am a Frappuccino! Probably a Vente Mocha Frapp at that!

*At your best, you are: fun loving, sweet, and modern
*At your worst, you are: childish and too indulgent
*You drink coffee when: you're craving something sweet
*Your caffeine addiction level: low

For the most part that's all true but I also drink a hot mocha in the mornings to get me off to a rousing start and because I love chocolate.

Rachael said...

Coffee and God...we go hand in hand too! Fun post...but I thought coffee was exempt when you fast:) Oh Well, you learn something new everyday! Blessings to you! Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

january said...

im torabika

Katharine said...

So, I'm a month behind in my reading. maybe if I drank more coffee, I'd catch up! I Laughed right out loud when I read this, it could have been written about me. I did give up coffee for lent once, it only lasted a week and my family made me quit!(bless their hearts)

Aritha V. said...

How are you Michelle ... I hope your are in a good healt. I miss you blogs.

Blessings to you.

Aritha V. said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for your comment!

Lincoln Madison said...

tollfree make it easy and convenient to obtain information and conduct inquiries without having to pay for the call. The idea of the called party paying for the call goes back several decades ago, and picked up in the eighties and nineties.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel