Thursday, March 18, 2010

Music Monday - Be Thou My Vision


This coming Saturday will by Thomas' 4th Birthday. Its hard to imagine that my little boy is becoming a big boy. Thomas is my "middleman." Thomas sometimes can also be my most challenging child. He is very stubborn and will only do things in his time. He didn't walk until 20 months, crawling was just as good if not quicker at the time. He only in this last year has started talking. We are currently seeing a speech therapist to work on that. Saying all this though, he is the first to hug me every morning and loves to sit on my lap just to give me kisses. How you stay mad at that.

The day I was in labour with Thomas, we told Nicole her little brother was coming. She ran to the front window and informed me that she didn't see the baby coming. She was so happy when she finally got to see him. She wanted to hold him right way and then sang him "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Nicole and Thomas continue to share a special bond. They rarely fight and he would follow her to the ends of the earth. I'm so glad that God has blessed my children with siblings who love and care for each other.

Thomas's hymn that we gave him for his baptism was Be Thou My Vision. It was on a Celtic Lullaby cd that my mom purchased just before I had Thomas. In fact, he still goes to sleep listening to it every night. I wanted Thomas to recognize that Jesus should be first in everything he did. That He would be with him no matter what and that he could lean on Jesus for strength and peace when he needed them.





Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Now go over to Saved by Grace and list your Music Monday with Shawntele.


4 comments:

Donnetta said...

Your Thomas sounds like such a precious cuddle bug. Thank you for sharing his song with us.

What a great request for us all to embed in our hearts.

Anonymous said...

I love that you chose songs for your kids - that is such a great tradition!

And I love Thomas's hugs, too!

Shawntele said...

It is so neat that you have songs for your kids, and this one has such a great message - He is always there; and I am so thankful! Thank you for being a part of Music Monday, I truly appreciate it!!

Denise said...

Be Thou my Vision is the hymn i pray over my children. it's lyrics convey my mommy desire for them.

beautiful.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel