Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tea Talk - 3rd Cup of Coffee


So today while visiting Karinann's site, I discovered Tea Talk with Ruth at Celebrate Friendship. This a weekly meme where everybody shares a quick "tea" break with each other. I'm all for tea breaks or breaks of any kind!

This week, however, I'm on my third cup of coffee. I had one this morning while listening to a webinar with A Woman Inspired and then I had one with the lovely Andrea during Bible Babes. Andrea makes a wonderful cup of coffee.

Today I'm drinking my coffee out of my "I'm Not Wonder Woman but God Made Me Wonderful " mug. It is a tall slender pink striped mug that I purchased 4 years ago at the Woman of Faith Conference. In fact, I purchased the matching bag as well. On the other side of the mug is a good reminder for me -

I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made!" Psalm 139:14

This has been brought home for me these last couple of days while I have attended the Get Revived Conference through A Woman Inspired. For anyone who hasn't attended a webinar conference I can only say - Why Not! You have to try it. I'm very excited of the things I have learned and I have only listened to 4 of the speakers. I have been convicted of many things in my life because of it. Things like:

  1. In forgiving others, only doing good can subdue or bring the wrong doer over and that I can never make someone feel badly enough about the wrong they have committed.
  2. That if I don't spend time with God, I have nothing to offer.
  3. Behold God so intently that we can't help but to reflect Him!
  4. God's calling is mine alone and different from everybody else's.
These are just a few of things I've learned. Now to put them in to practice...

If I can leave anyone with something to remember and get through the week with it is this:

Its Ok to say No.
It is not Selfish.
Especially if you're protecting your time with God and your family.
Selfishness is demanding what YOU want.





8 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, good, I was hoping people would learn something from my session! haha!

Also, I am experiencing severe mug envy. I want one!

Ruth said...

Hi Michelle! Welcome to Tea Talk. Thank you for joining us this week. I love what your mug says!

Yes,you're right. Saying NO is not selfish. I have to remind myself of that. I'm currently re-reading Boundaries by Townsend. It helps me keep myself from overcommitment that often results to burn-out.

Hope to see you next week.

You are blessed with 3 adorable children.

Judy Dudich said...

"protecting your time with God and family"....I LOVE THAT MICHELLE!
THANK YOU! So nice to be invited in to tea with you...such a nice group of ladies we had today! Hope you'll join us again next week!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Welcome, I am attending the conference too and am so blessed by doing so.

May you have a wonderful evening!
Joyce Marie

Denise said...

i have never attended a webinar. it's intriguing.
i am currently reading the book "three cups of tea" with my kiddos, does that count?
:-)

i'm learning that it is okay, and right for me to protect my boundaries. even if it means saying "no." even if it means removing someone from relationship with me. it may seem selfish to others, but i must be wise for myself, for my family. it's hard, but good.

Donnetta said...

Let me start by saying I really like the saying on your mug. Now that's something to remember while savoring a cup or two.

Thank you for sharing all that you learned at the conference. I have been to a few of them and always come away with my head swimming in all that I learned.

I also appreciated your words regarding boundaries and saying no. Good stuff...

Simple Home said...

I learned to say no to just about everything after I had the twins. I've said that I think God gave me 6 kids so I could learn this. Of course, my kids would tell you I say "NO" all the time :-)
Do you know you have the catchiest title for a blog? I can't tell you how many times I've thought of your name this past week. I just love that name!
Blessings,
Marcia

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel