Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Monday - How Many Kings


Two summers, I came across this week's song. It stirred my soul immediately. I have reflected upon it at different times. It has become one of my favourites as it reminds me who is my King and what He has done in my life.

It is easy to take everything in our lives for granted from our families, friends and the world around us. We look at the beauty of things and don't realize the cost that was paid on our behalf and that it started with the birth of a baby. A Father's Gift, A Mother's Sacrifice and a Son's Ultimate Surrender for those who don't deserve it.


How Many Kings - Downhere

Follow the star to a place unexpected
Would you believe, after all we've projected,
A child in a manger?
Lowly and small, the weakest of all
Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl -
Just a child -
Is this who we've waited for? 'cause...

How many kings step down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Bringing our gifts for the newborn Savior
All that we have, whether costly or meek
Because we believe.
Gold for his honor, and frankincense for his pleasure
And myrrh for the cross he will suffer
Do you believe?
Is this who we've waited for?

All for me...
All for you..

Now go and share your Music Monday with Shawntele at Saved by Grace.

3 comments:

Donnetta said...

This does cause one to stop and ponder what Christ's coming really did require.

Thank you for sharing this.

Judy Dudich said...

I'd not heard this before...thank you Michelle..a POWERFUL reminder of the awesomeness of God's GIFT OF HIS SON!

Shawntele said...

Wow - that was a great song, thank you so much!!!!!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel