Friday, July 22, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - The Actor's Studio Edition

Photobucket

I know I haven't really been on line these last few weeks.  I wish I could tell you that I have been doing some personal relflection.  I wish I could tell you I'm totally unpacked and organized.  I wish I could tell you the kids and I have been out and about doing some great summer activities.  But alas no, this has not been the case.  I have been in the summer slump.  I really can't seem to get the energy to get off the couch and away from the tv.  I wish I could tell you that I have been watching inspirational shows or Beth Moore videos or Joyce Meyer.  Again I have to admit that I have been watching pure unadultered trash tv.  I have been watching home make over shows; shows about people loving or listing their homes; cooking competition shows (yes, Hell's Kitchen is back) and shamless reality shows (16 and Pregnant - is there really no abstinence education out there?).   I'm hoping I'm not the only summer couch potatoe out there.  

I know I've been on the go since last summer.  Maybe this is my body on strike telling me that I need to rest.  However, I know that I have not been resting in the place I should.  I haven't really been resting in His arms, but in the world's arms.  I need to start prioritizing my life the way He calls me to:  JOY - Jesus first, Others second, You/Me last (I learned this on the Duggars).  I need to get off my "duff" and get on my knees in prayer and get my Bible out.  I know it's been a while because my life has been reflecting this.  I again have been on the speed way without any pit stops and soon I'm gonna hit something and have my world spin out of control.  Before that happens I need to stop and reflect.  

This all being said and to give some lightheartedness to this deep situation, I thought I would answer the questions that James Lipton gives each guest on the Actor's Studio.  I hope that you will play along and share your answers. 

1.  What is your favorite word? 
Grace.  I love this word and all it encompasses. 
2.  What is your least favorite word? 
Diet
3.   What turns you on? 
 Chocolate and coffee, especially mixed.
4.  What turns you off?
Cigarette smoke smell.  I just want to heave when I smell that smell.
5.  What sound or noise do you love?
The sound of my kids laughing.
6.  What sound or noise do you hate? 
Ear piercing screams.  It makes me want to pull my hair.  
7.   What is your favorite curse word? 
Admittedly I have two.  One is the dreaded 4 letter one which I am trying to stop using and the other is "Oh Mylanta".  It comes in handy in all situations and acutally makes people shake their heads when they hear it.  In fact, many of my friends now say it too.
    8.  What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    I have always wanted to be a hairdresser.  I love the social and creative aspect of this profession.  Plus, like motherhood, you can always be employed somewhere.  People always need their hair done.
    9.  What profession would you not like to do?
    Nursing.  I have a sister in law and two nieces in nursing.  I have heard the horror stories.  I dislike blood and really would demand way more than they get paid to change diapers of adults.
    10.  If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
     You found me.

    Come link up your randomness today.


      1 comments:

      Andi said...

      Strangely, I can't imagine being anything but a nurse...Maybe a teacher? But nurse's teach all day long, so there ya go!

      Oh yeah! I would totally be a bon bon eating, couch lazing trophy wife!

      My photo
      Alberta, Canada
      I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
      FacebookTwitter
      Email
      RSS

      Mini Me

      Mini Me

      Middleman

      Middleman

      Tormentinator

      Tormentinator

      Friends and Neighbours

      Where I travel