Friday, December 7, 2012

Caffeinated Christmas - Canadian Christmas Funny

Photobucket

What a week.  Since writing about trying to focus on the real reason for Christmas, I have been stressed and busy.  My little one came down with Tonsillitis (PS note to self and warning to others do not Google images for tonsillitis).  Trying giving medicine to a little guy who has refused medicine since the day of his birth, not fun.  My husband came down a quick stomach bug.  My parents came for a visit with their two foster sons.  We decorated our tree.  I've had meetings and have had to postpone appointments due to lack of computer cords.  It's one of those weeks.  

But still Christmas is coming (no matter how much I try to avoid it).  I purchased a Veggie Tales Christmas DVD set for the kids and it came with a cd of 25 Veggie Tale Christmas songs.  I love the Carol of the Bell's by Archibald.  I've added it to my Christmas Playlist.  It's a great playlist.  One minute you hear Veggie Tales.  The next one, you'll hear a Dutch Christmas song.  Elvis is thrown in there and then there are some great musical pieces.  I need to find my Rosemary Clooney cd and my Christmas jazz cd so that I can them in there too.  It's beginning to sound like Christmas.  

Speaking of music.  I've decided to share a Canadian Christmas tradition.  No it's not sitting around the fire with our toques, drinking hot chocolate and trying not to freeze from the cold weather.  Nor is it building igloos with the kids; although it did snow a few times this week.  Nope, it's Bob and Doug McKenzie.  Who?  If you are Canadian, you know what I'm talking about.  Doug and Bob McKenzie or otherwise known as Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (not of Wendy's fame).  They are two comedians from Canada who made it big on SCTV.  If you don't know what SCTV was, check out the link.  I grew up with them.  I probably wasn't supposed to watch, but they were pretty harmless humour.  

Doug and Bob McKenzie put out an album in the early 80s, which included a Christmas song, the 12 Days of (Canadian) Christmas.  This version changed my thoughts and many of peers thoughts of this song.  I thought I would share it with you.  



Even after all these years.  I won't tell you how many, I still giggle when I hear it.

What Christmas funnies do you remember?  Come link up with the other Java Junkies this week and share your Christmas randomness.



1 comments:

Lori @ Encourage Your Spouse said...

Oh my - too funny! I'm a Canadian (now living in the USA) I DO remember Bob & Doug! And boy do I miss my Tim Hortons!!!!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel