Friday, July 10, 2009

Caffeinated Randomness: My Carpets

The last two days we have been having new carpet installed in our basement. However, we had to remove the old carpet first (ok my husband removed the carpet, as well as removing all the furniture). The hallway carpet came up easy (was only held by double sided tape). The rest of the carpets were glued directly to the cement floor. My great husband scrapped the foam off the floor for three nights after working an eight hour day. This was messy job. I did help a little, but really my job was clean up.

Now as I'm enjoying this new carpet I am realizing how our carpet saga is like our coming to God. When we accept Christ into our lives, God starts scrapping the baggage from us (hopefully not with the ice scrapper we used) and believe me this is a messy job. He then cleans us up (Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:2). When we accept and repent, we are made new (You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24).

I'm thankful for my new carpet and I'm so thankful to God for "taking on" the messiness and continuing to work within me! I'm not finished like my carpets, but I am a work in progress!

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History