Monday, September 13, 2010

Martha Mondays


I'm a Martha girl. I don't mean the one that went to prison and came out still thinking it was a "good thing", although I have been compared to her. No, I mean the other one. The biblical one. The one that I know many of us can relate to. Busy doing things and not sitting down and resting in the word as we are called to do. We all try to find the time to "rest" but with everything we have to get done (laundry, cleaning, cooking, watching the kids, etc...) when do we find the time. I'm sorry, I'm NOT a morning person so waking up early to do it doesn't work for me and I can't be the only one out there.

I believe the most dreaded woman in the bible was a "Martha" girl too. Yes, I mean the P31 woman. The woman that haunts each and every one of us. She would have had to have been to get the things described in the proverb done by the end of the day. How did she do it? Was she crazy? Did she often have nervous breakdowns? Did she complain about her lazy sister like our Martha?

I believe that she was just organized. Yes, there I said it "organized. " Now I'm not going to spout off how I'm an organized person or how easy my life is. I lose it now and again. My laundry isn't always done. There are many days that chaos reigns in the Prairies. I do believe though that there are areas in my life that I can share with you that work for me. As we journey together over the course of many Mondays, we may get to share ideas that work for you that may help me. That is the point of Martha Mondays. Not to tell you how to get organized in 30 days. How to declutter or polish your sink (even though I did love doing that). It's how we as woman can support each other in those tasks that seem to claim our time and lives so that we can focus on what's really important: God and our families.

I'm hoping that you come back next Monday when I introduce my first tip. If you have any tips your willing to offer let me know. I'm not perfect. I'm a work in progress. I know that through working on things together, we'll get closer to becoming a P31 woman and closer to God at the same time.

3 comments:

Denise said...

why does martha have such a bad wrap?

she was probably a first born. it was just in her nature to be administrative and organized.

i have to remind myself that we (i) am made in God's image. my administrative/organizational bend must comes from him. i have to remind myself of this or i beat myself up over it.

this fellow marhta is looking forward to your martha mondays!

Angel said...

Looking forward to your tips!! We are all a work in progress!!

Love and Blessings

Lindsey said...

I LOVE this!!!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel