Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - India

Twelve Christians arrested in India

On August 15, police arrested 12 believers in Mandya district, Karnataka state, India. Pastor Satish and Ravi, an evangelist with India Campus Crusade for Christ, were conducting a service in a believer's home when approximately 30 people entered the building and started to accuse them of forcibly converting locals. Later that day, 10 of the believers were released; Pastor Satish and Ravi remained in detention at last report. (Source: VOM-USA, Christian Persecution Update India)

Pray for the release of these believers.

Pray that their testimonies of faithfulness amid adversity will draw non-believers into fellowship with Christ.

Pray that the Word of God will continue to be declared with clarity, boldness, love, and power in India (Ephesians 6:19-20).

3 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for dropping by to check out and complimenting on my WW picture! Happy Wednesday to you!

Btw, have read of similar bad news on India... I recalled reading an email forward about a pastor and his family being burned to death or something. I'm sorry I can't recall further details but all this are just sad sad things to happen.

Praying to God to open up the hearts and minds of all the people around there and for the rest to be strong and have faith!

cfoxes33 said...

What brothers and sisters in other countries go through always makes me thankful for what we have. I am praying for them.

Penny said...

I will join you in prayer right now!!!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel