Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Christian woman forced into slavery in Pakistan

A group of Muslims recently abducted Sana, a Christian mother of two, in Fatehpuh Kasur, Pakistan. Ejaz Masih, Sana's husband who works as a labourer, took out a loan in order to provide medical treatment for his ill father. When his Muslim landlord heard about the loan, he demanded that Ejaz repay it within two weeks, saying, "We'll come and take your wife and children to work for us as slaves. You have no choice [but pay].... You are lowlife and will always be our slave. We Muslims are superior to any other religion." A few days later, on September 3, a group of armed Muslims confronted the family, throwing Ejaz to the ground, abducting his wife and beating his father. When his mother called for help, neighbours came out but no one tried to stop the kidnappers. His brother contacted police but they refused to register the complaint. (Source: AsiaNews)

Pray for Sana's release. Pray for wisdom and comfort for her family.

Ask God to help them to respond in a Christ-like manner to this injustice.

Pray that Christians in Pakistan will exemplify the love of God through consistent love and prayer for those who persecute them (Matthew 5:43-48).

1 comments:

Penny said...

Joining you in prayer for these dedicated servants!

Happy iFellowship Day!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel