Friday, January 18, 2013

Caffeinated Randomness - They're Back.....

 photo CIMG2107-1-1-1.jpg

Two weeks ago I awoke to great news.  We had been anticipating the worse.  We had been waiting since the fall for some decision to be made.  Plans were canceled.  Schedules changed.  We survived Saturday nights watching movies and old reruns on Netflix.  

But all that changed.  Saturday nights are going to back to normal soon.  We'll be able to watch Coaches Corner and see the worst suits ever.  We'll be able to hear about the blue line and goalie crease.  We'll hear words like Battle of Alberta, face off and Lord Stanley.

You guessed it for this Canadian girl - HOCKEY IS BACK!!  I know there are arguments about why support the game of overpaid children having a tantrum or rich corporate greedy owners.   I really don't care about it.  I just want to see the boys playing.  I've grown up in a hockey household and have a hockey husband.  It has been weird not to hear hockey noises in the background.  The cheers when your team is doing well and the angst when they are losing.  The stress of when there is 20 seconds left, the goalie pulled and the game is tied.  

It's been very frustrating listening to my football friends talk about their teams and their favourite players and I've been silent.  I haven't got to cheer on the boys.  I haven't got to tease my Pastor when his team is defeated by my team.  I haven't got to celebrate cheering for our team while living in enemy territory.  

That has all changed.  The Boys are BACK!!!!




Is there something you have been waiting for?  What is your favourite sport and team?  Come join the other Java Junkies in the randomness today.



5 comments:

Renaissance Women said...

Go Red Wings! Woot!

Ok, that's about all I know of hockey and you had to know that to survive during my Michigan childhood. I was never much into sports although when I watch, I prefer college football and basketball. Favorite teams...Michigan State Spartans. I grew up in Lansing up the road from MSU so that's a lock! I've even been known to actually watch a golf game from beginning to end but I blame my dad for that because he is an avid player. :)

As for anticipation, I have been looking forward to beginning this new year. 2012 was a rough year for me (you'll read that from my linky post) so although there were good things that happened in the last half, I'm very glad to be in 2013.

God Bless and Have a good weekend!

Cassandra from Renaissance Women

Unknown said...

:) well, since i am in the southern US, hockey doesn't mean that much to me, BUT i understand the frustration of a lock-out....ENJOY!

Susannah said...

I enjoy hockey and I'm not even from Canada. Maybe I should move there... :-)

~Rain``` said...

Yes, my husband marked on Saturday, Jan. 19: NHL. We are happy too! Maybe this is the year for the Leafs??? Though firing their GM just before the start of a shortened season seemed ridiculous!

Laurie Collett said...

My husband & son are happy that hockey is back! Thanks for hosting & God bless!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel