Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday's Voice - China


House Church Leader Targeted by Authorities China

The leader of a house church in Wenzhou, Zhejiang province, China was released on November 30 after authorities arbitrarily detained him without warrant on November 23. Officials and local villagers targeted Shao Wangui after he and his brother, owners of the Xinba Shoes Factory, refused to pay a fee to support the building of a Buddhist temple in their village. Wangui also asked the members of his house church to refuse to support the construction project. When the village secretary found out about Wangui's actions, he began initiating a campaign of mistreatment against the known believers in the community. In late November, local "vandals" destroyed the brothers' factory as punishment for their refusal to provide funds.

Pray that this experience will bring Wangui, his brother and the members of this house church closer to Christ.

Pray that the persecutors will know Christ's love, forgiveness and blessing through the lives of these Christians (Romans 12:14, 21).

Pray for boldness for Christians in sharing the Gospel, despite the dangers that they face.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History