Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Update: Christian accused of blasphemy faces court in Pakistan

Martha Bibi (45), a Pakistani Christian woman accused of blasphemy in January 2007, is scheduled to appear in court on May 26. If deemed guilty, she may face the death penalty. Martha has been accused of making derogatory remarks against the Qur'an and of "defiling the sacred name of the prophet Muhammad." According to local Christians, the charges were brought against Martha by Muslim contractors who did not want to pay for materials she and her husband, a bricklayer, supplied to a construction site. (Source: ASSIST News Service)

Pray that the charges against Martha will be dropped.

Ask God to embolden Martha, her six children, and her husband.

Pray that the blasphemy law will be abolished in Pakistan.

2 comments:

Joan said...

I just prayed for Martha and thank you for shining a light on this injustice. May God's grace and love continue to provide the source of their strength.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

wow. I will pray and it's amazing that in some countries...being a believer means possible death

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History