Friday, April 8, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - I can get by with a little help from my Babes

Photobucket

I know I have told you about my Babes.  But this week I was truly blessed by them.  They came through when I was needed them.

Last weekend Nic was involved in Provincial recitals with her rhythmic gymnastics group - Saturday was workshops and practices and Sunday was the actual recital.  It was a long, busy weekend.  Throw in catching a cold and you can imagine why I crashed on the couch once all the kids were in bed on Sunday night (I did get to watch the first episode of the Borgia's, only just).  

I woke up Monday  morning, after having gone to bed at 9 pm (early for me), at 6:30 am.  Warmed up a cup of coffee (I will admit that) and sat down and watched the introduction to Esther: It's Tough to be a Woman by Beth Moore on the portable DVD player.  I will confess that I had this DVD for a week and I was cramming before Babes started that morning.  I had a lovely and blessed morning watching Beth and learning more about this study.   I made breakfast for the kids (waffles and syrup) and went and had my shower.  That was the beginning of the horrible no good hour!  

I had it in my mind to have my shower while the kids ate; then make muffins for Babes; get the boys dressed; clean up and get out the door by 9:15 am.  When I got out of the bathroom, I grabbed the face cloth to wipe down the Tormentinator's hands and face, when I realized he tried to use the syrup as hair gel!  I quickly whipped him up and put him in a bath.  While I got him bathed I told myself that I could get my "face" on and get Nicole to watch him while I quickly threw the muffins together.  I then scrambled and panicked when I I couldn't find some of the ingredients for the muffins, namely the main ingredient the bran flakes.  I finally found them after frantically tearing apart my pantry.  People started calling and BBMing me while I was trying to get this done.  Unfortunately, I think I "bit" someone's ear off of which I am truly sorry and you know who you are.  Nic wanted braids - she never wants braids - so I quickly did her hair before getting the Tormentinator out of the bath tub.  I got her out the door; Tormentinator dressed and started getting everything cleaned up and beds made.  I calmed down and let things fall into place.  I got middleman dressed and ready and  packed my bag for Babes and was ready to go.  Just as I was about to get the boys in their jackets and boots - WHERE ARE THE KEYS?!?  

I immediately thought I locked them in the van the  night before.  Now to let you know before you ask, we do not have a spare set, we lost them after Sam was born.  I called him, hoping he saw where I had put them.  It turns out he had them for some weird reason.  I was so happy at this.  At least I hadn't lost them or locked them in the van, thereby incurring fees to retrieve them or getting new ones. 

At this time, I was done.  I was happy the keys were found, but I was done.  I phoned Tracy (our week's Babes host) and asked her to get someone to pick up the snack and dvds.  Andrea came and picked them up.  She offered to drive me over, but she didn't have a baby seat.  Pat called shortly after that and asked if I wanted her to pick me up.  I told her no, I didn't have a car seat.  She had one and Tracy had one to drive me home so I had no excuse not to go.  I relented.
I was so happy I went.  I needed these sisters of mine.  I needed to be uplifted and I was welcomed with a hug by Tracy, which I so needed after all I had been through in the last hour.  Literally, how 60 minutes can change your attitude.  God knew what I needed and provided my sisters to lift me up.  Pat even presented me with a hot pick halter top, which we both think no plus sized girl should be wearing.  I wore it in the spirit it was intended, but there will be more pictures.  

I hope you all have friends like the Babes.  Sisters in the word.  Friends who lift you up.  I'm starting to miss them and I haven't even moved yet.  What will I do after the move?  I'll have to find some new sisters, but they won't be the Babes.

Come and link up today with your randomness. 

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

Thanks for hosting chica! I'm so glad that your Babes lifted you up! This post was a good reminder to me to go the extra mile for my sisters. Sometimes it gets discouraging...and I need to do it just because it's the right thing to do! Hugs!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for going. Sounds like a crazy morning but your girls carried you through. Praying that you find close sisters in your new city!

Pat said...

we were more than happy to help lift up and encourage a fellow Babe:) oh and by the way you made me cry. love you Babe!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Oh, Michelle. I'm so sorry. I'm reminded of the song "This Is The Stuff" by Francesca B. And yes, oh my, do I ever get by with a little help from my friends.

Yay for you for going to study on a day when you probably just wanted to go back to bed...:)

Katharine said...

I'm linking up for the first time today. Thanks for hosting! How wonderful to have friends to lift you up!
Blessings!

~Rain``` said...

Friends are great! I miss many of my old ones where you live (like you!). But I am discovering new ones here. My last Wed sounds like your day. What an awful day! Unfortunately, I still finding it difficult to call on people. In time...

Andi said...

Yay for the Babes! Friends are great...Friends in Christ are amazing!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History