Friday, April 1, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - The End of March Birthday Madness

Photobucket

The NCAA may have March Madness, but I always have March Birthday Madness.  Mid March is the Tormentinator's birthday and the end of March is the Middleman's birthday.  We had his friend birthday party last Friday at our local Children's Museum.  He enjoys it as there are so many different stations for him to do and discover.  He loves the camping area as he pretends he's roasting marshmallows over the fake little fire.

I made an ice cream cake for his birthday.  It consisted of almost of litre of whipped cream and ice cream sandwiches.  You start with a layer of ice cream sandwiches in a loaf pan (cut to fit) and then layer with whipped cream. Repeat.  I think though that next time I would use Cool Whip as it freezes smoother.  Although being able to put whipped cream in my coffee all weekend was very decadent.

The middle man received some very cool presents from his friends - Pig goes Pop, Pop goes Froggio, a Alphabet Floor Puzzle, Transformers and an Optimus Prime costume.  He loves his new Optimus Prime costume so much that he put it on Friday evening and ran around the house in it.  He went to bed in it and ......


Optimus Prime and Mr. Murphy sleeping
So ends our March Madness.  Soon enough there will be the end of May birthday week and then the June family reunion/princess birthday month.  Time enough to work myself down from all the birthday cake this month.

Come link in and join us for Caffeinated Randomness this week.

6 comments:

Magnolia said...

What a neat post! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

i love that photo! for some reason i treasure those inwhich my boys are asleep....

Unknown said...

So cute - love that he slept in it!

Unknown said...

Birthdays are so fun, but so exhausting. I've been to a few bday parties at children museums and they are great! Sounds like he had lots of fun!

Magnolia said...

What a neat post! Thank you for sharing!

Tiffini said...

all I can think of is cake:) I love ice cream sandwiches..I don't eat them very often but you just reminded me.
I remember birthday parties..planning..prepping..cleaningup and they can be exhausting. But the pictures afterwards..for years to come are worth it all. Hope you are recovering well...It is April! yeah:)
xo

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History