Thursday, November 1, 2012

Caffeinated Randomness - Finally, They Have One for Us

 Photobucket

One of my favourite children's book is “Click, Clack, Moo. Cows that Type”. I love the cows and the chickens and especially the duck. Oh that duck. I also own Thump, Quack, Moo: A whacky adventure”, starring the same duck. I feel so sorry for Farmer Brown in each of them. The animals always seem to get the upper hand just when he thinks he has won. I think the author, Doreen Cornin, really understands that families want to enjoy reading books together. The humour is not dumbed down for the kids, but is multi-layered so that adults will enjoy it.

This past week, during our family trip to the library, I picked up a new book called M.O.M (The MomOperating Manuel). I thought the premise was hilarious and thought my daughter would enjoy it. It was only after I got the book home, did I realize that Ms. Cronin had written it also. 



M.O.M. Is written to children about how they can properly care and feed their mothers - physically and emotionally through SNEW (Sleep, Nutrition, Exercise and Water). I mean how many books are there about parenting and caring for our children. It was about time that they start reading books about caring for us. It shows the level of tiredness that we moms face and how kids can help us. They also come with warnings for not just the kids but dads too (like dad not commenting on our clothes).

I laughed my way silly through this book. My daughter also laughed through this book. It has opened up doors of communication. Like what to do during a major malfunction (Ms. Cronin recommends escape). I will admit that I lost it the other morning. When talking to Nicole after, I asked if she remember what to do during major malfunctions. “Hide!” I reminded her to take her brothers with her.

Nicole's favourite part of the book is how to camouflage oneself if you are dealing with a minor malfunction. There were suggestions on how to blend into the houses' interior. I think that may be why she has been closing the door to the office when she and Thomas are on the computers. Or maybe they are just trying to stop me from finding out how much time they are actually on the computers. 

What book have you picked up lately?   Was it funny?  Was it informative? 

 Come link up with the other java junkies and share your randomness this week.  I'm linking up with Marissa at the Reading List and her great reading meme, The Cozy Book Hop.  I  hope you will go visit her and her other reading junkies.  They have some great reading ideas.  





6 comments:

Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation said...

That sounds like such a CUTE book! Although I don't have kids I think I need to get it so I have my own instruction manual! ;)

Thanks for your sweet comment today...you really blessed me!

donna said...

Click, Clack, Moo has to be one of our FAV picture books around here. My daughter is 20 and she will still read it when given the chance! What book have I picked up lately? Recently i read "Wrecked" by Jeff Goins. Challenging and life altering. LOVED it!

Laurie Collett said...

Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!

kendal said...

this book sound hilarious! thanks, michelle.

Aritha V. said...

Love this blog because I love books. My son find the book: 'run for your chickenlife' ( Dutch: ren voor je kippenleven) very funny. A book about cool chickens and silly cockerels.

Renee C. said...

That book looks hilarious! Goodness knows I can use an operating manual. lol

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel