Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Kidnapped Pakistani Christian returns home

A Christian woman, who was kidnapped, forced to marry a Muslim farmer and pressured to convert to Islam recently escaped and returned home after weeks of "captivity and torture." Sania James (33) was kidnapped on April 5 by armed men who stormed her parents' house in the small town of Rawat, Pakistan. The gunmen allegedly told her father that he would see his daughter again only if he paid back his loan of 250,000 rupees (approximately $3,040 CAD) plus 30 percent interest, though they had previously agreed upon a rate of 15 percent. The armed men then took her to her father's employer, Mohammad Shahbaz Ali, and forced her to marry him. She was continuously tortured when she refused to convert to Islam. Faraz Samson, a local pastor, said of the situation, "I am shocked that a daughter of a poor man has been kidnapped, and the law can’t do anything." (Source: Compass Direct)

Thank God for Sania's return home.

Ask Him to heal and restore her, and keep her and her family safe.

Pray that authorities will do all they can to uphold the rights of Christian women in Pakistan, as they are particularly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation.

4 comments:

Katia said...

Isn't it amazing how much others are suffering for their faith around the world? Thank you for sharing this story with us. We take so much for granted here in north America.
Blessings,
Katia

Joan said...

We do take our rights and freedoms for granted; and, we have so much to be thankful for each and every day. Thank you for continuing to post about those who are being persecuted for their faith. May we be found lifting them up in prayer often.

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

These stories always get me. Thank you for sharing them. They need to be heard.

Also, I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your heart today regarding comparison. Your comment especially tugged at my heart. When we don't feel that unconditional love from our father (or mother) something is definitely missing and it hurts. I hope sooner than later I'll be able to give you girls a heads up as to what I'm working on.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your comment.

~Rain``` said...

I really appreciate the thought and organization you put into your blog. Thank you for reminding me to pray for the many who suffer for the name of Jesus.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History