Friday, May 27, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - Happy Birthday Y2K Guy

Photobucket

Today is my Y2K Guy's Birthday!  How are we celebrating it?  By having a garage sale.  Yes, that's right it's garage sale weekend here this week.   We have spent the last few hours (Thursday evening) moving things into our garage to sell so that we don't have to move them.  I know, I'll have to make up his birthday dinner sometime next week.  

But to celebrate his birthday, I am posting one of our new favourite bands the Sheepdogs.  They are a local band who were the only Canadian band to make it in the Rolling Stone contest for the first unsigned band to make the cover.  They are now in the finals and are one of two who could actually be on the cover of Rolling Stone.  We hadn't heard of this band prior to hearing about the contest on local radio, but we have come to love them.  They are a throwback of the southern rock bands of the 70s.  Something like Lynyrd Skynrd, CCR and the Allman Brothers.  They even look like they are 30 years too late.  Saying all this, I love them.  They play fun, easy going music. The kind of music to listen to on hot summer days during a BBQ.  That's my favourite music. 


Hope you all have a great weekend and come link up with your randomness today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birhtday, Y2K guy! and happy garage sale? hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great weekend, and your yard sale goes well :)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History