Friday, May 6, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness - ROCKBAND Edition

Photobucket
 
I have a dream.  A silly little dream.  It's one which I've had for a long time.  I want to be in a Rock Band.  I don't think I'm the only one.  I had a friend that played piano for our worship team that had the same dream and when she played with the youth team, she finally felt her dream take flight.  
 
I love to sing.  I will sing in the van, in the shower, while walking (ok haven't done this since high school for obvious reasons), at church, in the basement, in the laundry room.  You name it, I've probably sang there.  I always have a song for every occasion (secular and non secular songs).  I love music.  I have never had formal vocal lessons, but I have been told that I have a nice voice.  I did hear from my family though as a kid that the people got paid to sing, as a result I was very self conscious about my voice and my singing.  It wasn't until I hit my first Karaoke night that I really got my groove on.  I actually had people tell other people to be quiet so they could hear me sing and I wasn't singing quietly either.  I actually became a Karaoke Hog, you know the person that doesn't want to hand the mike over.  I loved singing and finally found someplace to do it.  I really want a karaoke machine, but my husband is worried that I wouldn't ever stop singing.  I would have to eventually cook dinner.  

My friend recently got Sing It Disney for her daughter for the Wii, we had to try it out to see if it worked before we gave it too her.  We didn't want it broken  and have her find out on her birthday 3 weeks later.  At least that was what we told ourselves.  We just wanted to sing the songs.  When we were done them, we then went out and rented a RockBand edition so that we could keep singing.  We are now addicted to the RockBand.  When we get together we have to play a few rounds.  We love to dance and ham it up when we are singing.  Our kids even get into the act.  We may have to take our show on the road.  It's too bad that Idol caps their age at 28, I'm sure that we would take it all.  
 
Can you see me on the stage?
 
My Head Banging Dance
 
What's your dream?

Come link up with some caffeinated women today.
 
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh. smiling! love this!

Lisa said...

What a great dream! Love the head banging dance!

Donnetta said...

What fun to read (and learn about you).

It reminded me of my dream in high school to be a race car driver... no kidding.

Of course I highly doubt that reflected on my driving overall. :-)

~Rain``` said...

Keep singing! My dream... going on a speaking tour. Not sure what I'd be asked to speak about... Maybe a bit vain???

Andi said...

How fun! I have not gotten in to our Wii. But I totally need those singing games I would totally rock them! My dream is simple: to raise healthy kids who love the Lord.

Kara Chupp said...

You are too cute! :)
Love picturing you rocking out to this...

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History