Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday's Voice - Vietnam

Vietnamese government steps up repression of Christian group
(Source: The Strait Times)

Recently, the Vietnamese government has been increasingly harassing a peaceful group of Montagnard Christians living in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Although Christian Montagnards have always been a target of persecution, the Vietnamese government has stepped up its repression of this indigenous minority -- forcing hundreds to renounce their religion. According to a report from Human Rights Watch, "the Vietnamese government has increased its harassment of peaceful ethnic minority Christians in the Central Highlands, targeting members of unregistered house churches."

Pray the Lord will protect these believers and give them the strength they need to stay faithful and remain effective witnesses for Christ.

May they rely on the Lord to give them the words to say when they stand before accusing authorities (Matthew 10:19).

Pray for the perpetrators and all those in authority.

1 comments:

Brenda said...

I am very excited by your post today. I am passionate about the persecuted church. There is much need for prayer. Recently, my daughter and I attended a Voice of the Martys conference which I wrote about on my page, you should check out this link to see how awesome these conferences are. http://brenda-thethingsiponder.blogspot.com/2011/03/if-you-hammer-nails-head.html

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History