Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wednesday's Voice - Kazakhstan

Please pray for those suffering for their faith and for each other today.  If you have a prayer request, please add it below. 

New laws in Kazakhstan oppress Christians
(Source: Forum 18 News Service)

The president of Kazakhstan has ushered in two new laws that severely restrict freedom of religion. President Nursultan Nazarbaev signed the laws -- which have been adopted with what one observer called "unprecedented" speed -- in mid-October. The laws have attracted fierce criticism from local religious groups, human rights defenders and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). "The Law on Religious Activity and Religious Associations" imposes a very complicated registration system for faith groups, bans unregistered religious activity, promotes censorship and requires government approval to build or open new places of worship. The other new law includes amendments that may also have a far-reaching impact on religious freedom.

Pray for courage and wisdom for Christians and others who are raising a voice against these restrictive new laws.

Please pray believers would be protected from legal persecution.

Pray that President Nazarbaev's heart would be softened and that he would relent and repent (Acts 9).

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel