Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday's Voice - Nepal


Buddhists oust believers from their homes in Nepal
(Source: VOM-USA)
.
Buddhists in Nepal drove a pastor and other believers from their village, accusing the pastor of bringing a foreign religion to the village and promoting teachings against society. The oppressors accused Christians in the village of using bribery and coercion to covert local residents to Christianity. It is also believed a six-year-old girl was sexually abused by one of the individuals who incited the expulsion. A VOM worker has helped the victims resettle in another village and also prayed with the family of the girl who was abused.
Pray that the passion these believers have for Christ will be the light that draws others to Jesus (Matthew 5:14-16).
Pray for healing for the girl who was abused.
Please pray that hostility against Christians in Nepal will cease and that believers will be allowed to live and worship freely.
 The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray (Samuel Chadwick)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We are so lucky to live in a country where we can freely worship God. I will be praying for this family and all persecuted Christians that they will find strength in God and that their persecuters will see the light.

~Rain``` said...

Thank you for being faithful in posting prayer requests for the persecuted church. Praying today.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History