Monday, July 16, 2012

Messy Mondays - He answers when called

Messy Mondays where I share what God has been showing me through the messiness of life. It is my personal belief that this walk isn't clean and crisp and straight or narrow. It's wide and twisted and mucky and messy. It's about the ups and the downs, but through it all God is there with us


While waiting for my hubby to get into the van  so we could go to church, I decided to read my Bible.   Shocking isn't it.  It is because I rarely just read my Bible while driving somewhere, I have lots of books and devotionals and a Blackberry to help me ease the time.  When I opened my Bible, I said a quick prayer that I would get something meaningful for me.  This is what caught my eye:

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation. ” (Psalm 91:14-16 NIV84)
I had a handwritten note right beside these verses with change "him" to "her".  I quickly read/prayed these verses.  He knew exactly what I needed to hear and when  I needed to hear it.

God loves me.  God loves you.  He will rescue you and protect you.  However, you have a part in this.  You need to call on Him.  You need accept defeat.  Defeat that you can't do it on your own.  Defeat that you are not in control.  Defeat that you need help.  When you do this, He will answer you.  He will walk right beside you through the darkness; through the fires; through the lonliness and the storms.  He will not leave you alone.  He will lead you to saftey.  He will shelter you from the attacks if you stay under His umbrella for the rest of your days.  He is offering His salvation, we must choose to accept it.  

I'm calling out.  Calling for His protection and strength.  Seeking His guidance and wisdom.  Pleading for His peace.  I'm embracing the salvation He is offering.  


What are you doing?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read it! Loved it! *ET*

Shelley said...

I am saying AMEN ... right along side of you. I love how the word ALWAYS speaks!!

Have a FABULOUS week prairie girl!

Shelley :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful message for HIM to send to you then. Have a blessed week my friend. :)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel