Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday's Voice

Imprisoned Iranians appear before court

On August 9, two Iranian Christians who were arrested by security forces in early March attended a hearing before the revolutionary court in Tehran. According to an August 9 report from Elam Ministries, Marzieh Amirizadeh Esmaeilabad (30) and Maryam Rustampoor (27) were questioned by the deputy prosecutor about their faith and told that they had to recant in both verbal and written form. They responded, "We will not deny our faith." Although a verdict of apostasy had been recommended by the chief interrogator, no verdict was given. At the end of the hearing, the deputy prosecutor ordered that they return to prison and come back to the court when they are ready to recant their faith. Both Esmaeilabad and Rustampoor are reportedly in severely ill health and have lost an extreme amount of weight. They have spent long periods of time in solitary confinement, have been subjected to harsh interrogation and, more recently, have been detained in an over-crowded cell.

Pray for the release of Marzieh and Maryam. Ask God to give them healing.

Pray that the Lord will encourage and sustain their families during this difficult time.

Pray that the government will be open to change and allow full rights and protection for non-Muslims.

Pray for strength for those who come to Christ despite the threats they may face.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful warring post! I too pray for those persecuted. Can you imagine my delight when in April, a man named Manja sentenced to 20 years was released after praying for him for 5! You are shaking the nations with your prayers. Never give up!

Blessings to you from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

ellie said...

what a great post....what cuties your kids are....and I love your profile description of yourself!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History