Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday's Voice

Eritrea
Christian man dies following torture in Eritrean military prison


A 43-year-old Eritrean Christian imprisoned for his faith in Mitire Military Confinement Centre died on July 23 after authorities denied him medical treatment, bringing to three the number of detained Christians known to have died in the country this year, according to the Dutch branch of Open Doors. Yemane Kahasay Andom, a member of the Kale-Hiwot church in Mendefera, had reportedly endured brutal torture since he was detained 18 months ago and was suffering from a severe case of malaria. Two weeks prior to his death, he had been placed in solitary confinement in an underground cell for his refusal to sign a recantation form. Although the exact contents of the form have not been confirmed, most Christians interpret the signing of such a form as the denouncement of their Christian faith. He has reportedly been secretly buried in the camp.

Thank the Lord for the life and witness of Yemane Kahasay Andom.

Ask God to comfort those who mourn for him.

Pray that the Lord will be exalted, even through the deaths of His faithful followers (Philippians 1:20).

1 comments:

Amy said...

Blessings to you...
I am saying prayers and I thank you for sharing these stories.

Also, thank you for the kind words you have left on my blog. Everyone's prayers and kindness mean the world to me.
Amy

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History