Friday, March 16, 2012

Caffeinated Randomness - Mommy You Need To Get One of Those!

Photobucket


Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm here to tell you about all the products my children think I need in my house.  You can't live with these products.  If you don't have these products you won't be able to clean your house quickly, cook an egg without it's shell and melt a snowman with only a few cans of spray.  

Ok, I'm not going to tell you about those products but if you watch late night or cable tv, you can tell what I am talking about - infomercials.  They are worse than commercials lately, because my kids see them and the explanation of how they can make "my" life better and my kids automatically think I need the product.  Not that I haven't bought products from tv or from an "As Seen On TV Store."  Some have been good and some not so good.  

My favourite products have been:

Sham Wow






H20 Steam Mop
Sweepa Rubber Broom
A product that I haven't personally bought, but tried was:


The one I regret buying, even though it seemed like a good idea at the time was:

Body by Jake Ab and Thigh Rocker

Can you see what worked - the cleaning products.  The only complaint I had about my steam mop is that it died after 1 year.  That could because I was using it 2x a week.  I loved my mop and mourned it's loss.  I really do use my Sham Wow cloths all the time.  They do what they say.  I have been able to get out so much liquid spilt onto the carpet that we have very little stains because of split coffee (Sam did this Sunday.  I don't know what upset me more the actual spill or the fact that I missed my coffee.).   My rubber broom is amazing.  I love how it picks up hair and dust and works on all surfaces inside and outside the house.  My old hair dresser used them in his salon as it is great for picking up those little hairs.  

Nads worked ok.  I just don't like the fact that you still needed the cloths.  I really love my Veet Stripless Wax.  I have to admit that a friend and me actually ate the wax.  They said you could on the infomercial.  It was like Kiwi Honey.  Maybe that's what they should have tried to sell.  That would have sold millions as well.   My ab rocker was fun to use but I don't think it actually worked to lose weight.  It was a great seat to watch tv on though.  

I think of the all the infomercials that I love, it is the new one with Vince from ShamWow  and Chop It fame.  It makes me laugh for numerous reasons when I watch it.  I may have to get me a Schticky!


Have you ever bought anything from an infomercial?  Did you regret your purchase or did you love it?  What is your favourite infomercial?

**NB:  I have not been paid or compensated for any of the opinions expressed in this blog regarding the products.  These are my opinions only and not of the manufacturers**

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the sham wow and have never used it. I was always curious about the steam mop and the rubber broom.

My son when I was younger if anyone got an itch he would always recommend Gold Bond cream. :)

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History