Friday, August 19, 2011

Caffeinated Randomness: Taking a Stand

Photobucket

I've let this go on for long enough.  I've been languishing on what to do and when to start.  When I do get ideas, I sit on them and don't do anything further.  Yes, I'm talking about my blog.  It has been sorely ignored and taken for granted.  I notice the difference in my life between when I blogged full time and when I've put it on the back burner.  

This isn't even about followers.  I've never been one to count.  I'm grateful for all who stop by and actually read my rants, confessions, sermons, and other silliness.  This is about me and my ministry and how I've taken advantage of God's love and grace and put Him on the sidelines.  When I blog, I'm inspired by the things I see, read, meditate on or hear - all gifts from Him.  I was really good at blogging this stuff when I was close in relationship and in obedience to God.  I was inspired by everything and it helped that I found memes that encouraged this inspiration.  Then some of the memes stopped.  People changed focus and I didn't think I could continue, at least that's what I told myself.  I became discouraged.  Then I went through a period of depression and attack that I'm still working through.  My blogging took a back bench.  God most of the time took a back bench.  I "allowed" myself to become apathetic and watched the world float by.  NO MORE.

God calls us to be obedient.  He calls us to go when He calls.  He is a God of action.  No lying by and letting the world go by.  So I'm coming up with a plan and doing things I should be doing because He has been whispering it to me.  Lately, I've heard Him yelling at me.  I'm getting scared that He'll just get tired of it and walk away.  I'm done just living.  I want to live.  I want to share what God has been sharing with me.  I hop you will join me on this journey and see what God and I have and will be doing.

Come join in this week and share your randomness this week. 

5 comments:

kendal said...

live! yes.

Unknown said...

Oh, Michelle! I'm so excited about these whispers He is giving to you!

I can't wait to read them and I hope you will still consider linking to SDG!

Pat said...

ah Babe, a mere whisper can lift you up and let you soar on wings of eagles. There you will see the magnificent things God can and will do for and through you! Thank you for your transparency in your struggles. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are going to be writing more. But can I tell you one thing? Be more forgiving of yourself, hon. You just had a major, MAJOR shake-up in your life - everything you went through in response to that is totally normal. God understands that. And He was carrying you through every single second of it. It's wonderful that you are at a point now where you can hear His voice again, but I'm willing to bet that it wasn't that you weren't listening in the first place - it was just that He was giving you the time you needed to adjust and heal. God is so much more patient with us than we are with ourselves. Thank goodness!!

Shanda said...

I look forward to seeing where your journey takes you!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel