Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday's Voice - Vietnam

Wednesday's Voice is a place where we can pray for each other and for the persecuted church.  After the weekly prayer for the martyrs, I  will be adding a linky prayer request list.  Many of us are hurting and struggling through our own trials and longing for a place to go for prayer.  I am hoping that this will be a safe place.  If you place a prayer on the list, I would ask that:
1  You pray for the person above you;  and
2  You pray for the weekly persecuted church
 I know that our voices will be heard in praise and prayer for each other and for those who cannot speak on their own behalves. 

Christian worshipers brutally beaten by police in Vietnam
Source: International Christian Concern

A violent attack against minority Degar Montagnard Christians in the central highlands of Vietnam took place in July, leaving 16 Christians severely injured. One Christian man remains under arrest, his condition unknown.

On July 7, at approximately 8 p.m., Vietnamese security forces and police descended upon a worship service in the village of Buon Kret Krot, Gai Lai Province, and began kicking and beating the attendees. Security forces threatened the villagers, stating: "If anyone worships like this way, we will return to arrest you all and put you in prison for five years." Of the Christians attacked, 10 men and two women were beaten to the point of unconsciousness.

Pray the Lord will bring swift and complete healing to those who were injured.

Pray for the release of the believer who was arrested. Ask the Lord to strengthen these believers.

Pray Christians in Vietnam will continue to meet together in spite of the opposition. Pray for the perpetrators of this attack



.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel