Monday, August 29, 2011

Messy Mondays- The Reminder.....

Messy Monday's where I share what God has been showing me through the messiness of life.  It is my personal belief that this walk isn't clean and crisp and straight or narrow.  It's wide and twisted and mucky and messy.  It's about the ups and the downs, but through it all God is there with us.   

If you have been following lately you know that I have been suffering through the moving blues.  There have been days where I have wallowed in it.  Days were I literally have to kick myself and get moving and doing things.  Among these days have been some good days.  Times spent with family.  Times spent catching up with old friends.  There have been glimpses of hope in the darkness. 

The first week we were here, I was especially out of sorts.  I was surrounded by boxes.  I felt literally trapped.  One afternoon, my husband and I took the kids to the park at the back of our house.  We let the kids run around while we watched them.  It was a beautiful summer's day.  It was sunny and hot.  The kids were laughing.  The feeling was light.  I started slowing coming out of a grey mood, when I saw him.

He flew around me and landed on a tree.  He even posed for the picture while I scrambled to get my Blackberry ready.  He reminded me that even through what I had been going through, that God was still with me.  That I wasn't alone.  That He was watching and overseeing so much more than I knew. 

2 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Messy monday - what a name! My path is, like your path is indeed not always clean and clear. But one thing is certain: He is with us - as He promised. All day! When it rains, when the sun shines. In grief and joy. Have a great week, God bless you!

Unknown said...

Michelle, I've been thinking about you and how the move has gone. I'm sorry you've got the blues, girlie. Aside from the commenting on FB I haven't really kept in touch very well with my blog friends..but I remembered I could add you to my reader and get your updates. :)

Sending a big hug and praying that in those moments you feel so blue that something, like a lovely butterfly shows up as a reminder of how much God loves you.

:)Erin

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel