Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall

Photobucket

I love fall.  Fall is my favourite season and today is the first day of Fall.  


I was talking to a friend who isn't as excited about fall as I am.  She says it's just a reminder that winter is coming.  But I embrace it.  Fall is a time of change.  A time where God begins a time of Selah in the world.  It's a time where the colours of fire come out.

It's a time to crunch the leaves with our feet.


It's a time to get in the house and smell the baking going on.
I really want to make these tasty cakes
It's a time of getting together with friends and sharing stories over a lovely pumpkin latte.


It's a time where kids go back to school and open doors to their imaginations.


Yes, Fall is my favourite season.  I will embrace it and rejoice in it.
"October was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths." Lucy Maud  Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Come and link up with some great ladies and celebrate this beautiful changing season.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite season is Spring, after those long winter months...but I do love fall and all the amazing colors that it brings :) Happy Friday!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love fall, too. I'm craving it after the heat of this summer!

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

Fall is definitely MY favorite season, too!! I love EVERYTHING about it!! {Except maybe the bugs that seem to appear out of nowhere.} :-D

Katharine said...

Fall-I love everything about it! I had my first pumpkin spice latte last night, at a Second cup(date night)I can't wait for the apples to come full on...applesauce here I come!

~Rain``` said...

I love your line: "A time where God begins a time of Selah in the world. It's a time where the colours of fire come out."

I agree, I do enjoy Fall!

Aritha V. said...

I also like Fall. But here it's very warm and clammy now. This week I'll go to our forest to to take pictures.

Sharla said...

I love the fall too...the colors, the feeling of expectation in the air, the food, the beauty.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel