Monday, September 12, 2011

Messy Monday - Grasshoppers

Messy Monday's where I share what God has been showing me through the messiness of life.  It is my personal belief that this walk isn't clean and crisp and straight or narrow.  It's wide and twisted and mucky and messy.  It's about the ups and the downs, but through it all God is there with us.  


There are times where I wonder how much middleman understands and how much he doesn't.  Does he know how much God loves him?  Does he know how much God sacrificed for him?  Will he ever?  Then there are times that I love his child like innocent mind.  When asked if Jesus is in his heart, he answers "No, Jesus at church."  His mind will most likely always be innocent, honest and childlike.

And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:3 NIV 84)
 Today (Sunday) was Thomas' first day in a formal Sunday School setting.  I was worried with how much he would learn.  They were starting off with creation and what God created in 7 days.  I was unsure of how and what Thomas would understand.  

After church and a family lunch at a Chinese Buffet, we went for a walk along the river.  On the walk back to our car, I kept pointing out the grasshoppers for Thomas to look at.  There were quite a few along the paths.  I asked Thomas if he liked Sunday School and he said he did.  I asked if he learned about cars or God.  He answered God.  I then asked him who created the earth and he answered God.  That lead me to talk about all that God had created to him (obviously in words he could understand).  When I asked who created the grasshoppers, he answered "God!"  

I know that many of the dreams I had for Thomas may not come to fruition.  But one thing I do know, Thomas is exactly who God created him to be.

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel