Monday, September 19, 2011

Messy Mondays - Worship

Messy Mondays is where I share what God has been showing me through the messiness of life.  It is my personal belief that this walk isn't clean and crisp and straight or narrow.  It's wide and twisted and mucky and messy.  It's about the ups and the downs, but through it all God is there with us.   

This Sunday I was privileged to sing with our one of our church's worship teams.  I was asked by my friend who was leading us.  I so love to sing and love praising God with my voice.  There is always as sense of calm, a sense of peace, a sense of knowing that the Father is with me when I sing, especially in community worship.  I can feel the Spirit flowing among the people and know that the Father is honouring our gifts to Him.
 
This week was especially poignant.  My friend's husband is in the hospital again with pancreatitis.  The other singer's husband has been struggling with the aftermath of a stroke at a young age.  I have been struggling through my depression and dealing with the "A" word.  My Pastor's father is dying from cancer.  All of us imperfect.  All of us struggling.  All of us being held up in His hands.  All of knowing that the Father is there with us through all our struggles and burdens.  That He alone will lift us up and help us to persevere through this time.  None of us know the outcomes but all of us trusting in faith in Him.

But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress, 
my refuge in times of trouble.
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; 
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God. (Psalm 59:16-17)

4 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Your blog touches me. I could easy translate it in my own language and understand your feelings. Thank God we can/may trust Him! I remember a time our family sat around the table: full of sorrow. Then our pastor read psalm 42. He prayed and said: 'Dear God, Who giveth songs in the night.' And you see, I've never forget that day. Songs in the night ... We can learn to sing in times of depression, illness and others and that songs are so precious in God's eyes.

Lieve groet/greetings: Jedidja.

~Rain``` said...

May God grant you peace today. Thanks for sharing your messiness.

Juanita Rose said...

We are His creation.It's His plan. By His stripes: all for His glory and for His name's sake. Blessings as you continue to worship and bow down..as you continue to grow in trust and grace in the everyday messiness! *hugs*

Deidra said...

"All of us imperfect. All of us struggling. All of us being held up in His hands." So true. I'm so thankful for His grace for the messy journey.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel