Monday, January 24, 2011

No Man Left Behind

This Christmas Thomas got a Bucket of Soldiers from his auntie.  I'm constantly finding soldiers in various places around the house.  I'm tempted to toss them.  I'm tempted to vacuum them up.  Then I'm reminded of the line in Toy Story - "A good soldier never leaves a man behind."

One of the Soldiers left in the living room.
There are times when I'm crying out to God about things I'm struggling with.  Crying out for His help.  Crying out for His guidance.  Crying out in my desperation.  There are times when I feel like He's not there.  That I'm on my own:  without help; without guidance.  That I'm literally in the dark without any hope or light.  Then I hear Him say to me - No man left behind!

Jesus spoke these words (in so many words) in the parable of the lost sheep. 
Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.” Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders; and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ (Luke 15: 1-6 NIV)
God is looking for us.  He wants to help us.  Even when we don't think He's there, He is.  He may be carrying us (Psalms 68:19 NLT).  He may be leading us (Psalm 23:2 NIV). He may be walking ahead of us breaking the path for us to follow Him through the dense weeds (Isiah 52:12 NIV).  He may be beside us holding our hands as he leads us (Isaiah 41:13 NIV).

God never gives up on us - NO MATTER WHAT.

He searches for us - WHERE EVER WE ARE.

He wants to save us as we are His sheep - WE ARE HIS.  

When we truly believe this and embrace it and trust Him, what peace will overwhelm us.  Everything we have holding onto; everything we're struggling with; everything we're hiding from will seem insignificant to what He can do for us.  

Jesus wants to help you.  He wants to save you. He's searching for you.

A Good Shepard Never Leaves A Man Behind.



I'm linking up with Jen at Finding Heaven for Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood.  



11 comments:

Rachy said...

I love that: no man left behind. This post truly touched my heart. I'm glad I followed you over from Finding Heaven.

Unknown said...

What amazing and uplifting words coming forth from your mouth! Thank you for your encouragement and your wisdom!

Amy Sullivan said...

What a perfect picture for your post. Isn't it crazy that even by picking up toys we are at times inspired?

Tiffini said...

thank you for your words today Michelle:)
xo

Anonymous said...

What joy to know this truth! He never leaves us nor forsakes us :)

The picture of the soldier brought a smile to my face...Toy Story is both my sons' favorite movie.

Maria.

Unknown said...

beautiful. needed that today.

Kim Turnage said...

You are so right! Wish I could have read this a few months ago, when I was feeling like I couldn't find God. Of course he was right there. Turns out I forgot to do what you did right away ... cry out to him.

stephanie said...

Awww, I love this! So great that He never leaves us behind, we are never a lone soldier :)

Andi said...

Hallelujah!

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

I SO very much love thinking about our God as a shepherd for this little lost lamb is constantly needing that loving rod to push her back on the right path.

Love your analogy - we don't have the army guys (give us time!) but we do have a ridiculous amount of Matchbox cars and Nerf darts...I can SO relate on wanting to toss them!

It's Grace said...

Love this, Michelle! So well said, and I love the analogy.

I needed this today, thank you!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History