Monday, December 27, 2010

B90 Challenge

Last year I planned to read the Bible in one year.  That was one of my New Year's resolutions.  In fact that has been one of my resolutions for the past 10 years.  Obviously I have never actually completed it.   Did I do it in 2010 - NO!.

I purchased a One Year Bible thinking that this would encourage me, but I disliked the jumping around through the Old and New Testaments.  My church this fall decided to read the Bible together through the Church year, but again, I disliked the jumping around.  I like starting at the beginning and working through it.  Previous years, I would get stuck in Deuteronomy.  I did get through it this year and actually enjoyed it.  I have read different books of the Bible thanks to Bible studies - the Pentateuch, Judges, Ruth, Esther, Psalms, Jonah, the Gospels, Acts and some of the Epistles.  I'm currently working through 1Samuel thanks to doing Beth Moore's study of David.   Upon reflection though, I realize that it isn't just good enough to read some of the Bible.  I need to read God's whole word.  I need see how my life is reflected by those of faith who have come before me.  

This New Years I am making a resolution.  I am planning on reading the Bible, but not in one year - in 90 days.  While researching a new bible, I found the Bible in 90 Days.  I looked at the plan and saw that it was chronological.  I'm excited.  However, I think that I need some encouragement or friends to join me.  Are you in?  Amy at Mom's Toolbox is hosting a blogging version of the program.  I will be joining in with her and following her through this experience.   


If you feel a little daunted, according to the publisher it means reading 12 pages of the Bible everyday.  I can committ to that.  I sometimes read a whole novel in one day, yet ignore reading my Bible.  If you still feel daunted you can listen while you read at the site.  

I can't wait to take this journey and I hope that some of you will walk along side me while we do it together.

I'm linking up with Jen from Finding Heaven with the Soli Deo Gloria Sisterhood. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is awesome Michelle! That was one of my resolutions this year and I made it until April. I loved doing it chronologically...it was fascinating! I have read it through several times and am always so amazed by what I learn. Living and active and oh so beautiful.

Good Luck! I know you are going to love it!

Unknown said...

i read it through once in college....this is the second site IN A ROW i've hit today taht speaks to reading the bible through. message for me? i know that i am committing to memorizing 24 verses through Beth Moore's site this year. here's that link:

http://blog.lproof.org/2010/12/siesta-scripture-memory-instructions.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LPMblog+%28LPMblog%29

and i'm going to check out the link you've posted. Thanks, michelle!

Tiffini said...

what an great idea! I am thinking about what I am going to do in the new year and I will surely keep this in mind!
I will click on the link later today to check it out
thanks!:)

Unknown said...

I'm doing the Bible in One Year right now and I get where you are coming from going back and forth between the OT and NT. Sometimes it feels disjointed, but other times, there would be neat tie ins between them that blew me away.

I'm so excited for you, Michelle! I'll be praying!

Donnetta said...

Oh Michelle, I am SO excited for you! I took this challenge earlier this fall and will finish my 90 day reading this Thursday! I am so excited!!!

I will be honest, this was not an easy process, but I was determined to do it.

I would be happy to commit to being a "cheerleader" for you as you take on this challenge!

One thing that kept me pushing forward was the fact that I was leading a small group of 9 other adults through it. I understand that accountability piece!

E-mail me if you would like to chat more about this...

Again, I am THRILLED that you are going for it. The experience has been like nothing I've done before.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this... this is also something I've always wanted to do, but never completed. I too read huge novels in one day... so I know it's doable. I am about to embark on looking at your link for the 90-day read. Thanks!

stephanie said...

That is awesome! You TOTALLY can do it!!!! You go girl!!!

Shawntele said...

Oh my friend, I am signed up for this too. I just picked up my copy the other day - so excited!!!

Danielle said...

exciting! I did the Bible in 90 days a few years ago...it is a lot, but it is totally awesome!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History