Monday, December 6, 2010

Music Monday - Amazing Love

This week we are looking at love.  Not the passionate love  (Eros) of Valentines Day (which may or may not be a "Hallmark" holiday).  We are not going to be looking at Philia or friendship/brotherly love.  Although this is the type of love I have for all of you.  We are not going to be looking at love of family or our parents (Storge).  However, this is almost the type of love that Christmas represents.   We are going to be looking at Agape.  The love that God has for each of us.  The charitable, selfless, alturistic, unconditional kind of love.  The true love that only God has as He is perfect. 

He doesn't have any motives for loving us, He loves each of us just because.  One of my favourite lines in a movies is "No, I like you very much. Just as you are." (from Bridget Jones' Diary).  Not thinner, smarter, holier, happier, ...., God loves you "Just as you are."  He wouldn't have you any other way.   In fact, God loves us just the way we are so much that He sacrificed His one and only Son on our behalf to save us.  I know this isn't something we think about during the Christmas season, but think, that little baby in the manger died for each of us.  That is the ultimate sacrificial love that only God can give.  This kind of love amazes me.

I know I've shared this song on my blog before, but I had to share it with you today.  It isn't really isn't a Christmas song, but I think it's totally relevant with the Advent theme of Love. 




Whisper in my ear
Tell me one more time
the words i long to hear
that i, i am forgiven

hold me in your arms
draw me next to you
safely by your side
i know i am forgiven

and i will never truly know
just why you love me lord
i am so broken and so desperate
still you love me more
lord, i love your amazing love

there's a beauty in the way
you cherish and embrace me
in all my brokeness i know
i am forgiven

and i will never truly know
just why you love me lord
i am so broken and so desperate
still you love me more
lord, i love your amazing love

and i lift my hands
in worship at your throne
and i raise my heart
so thankful lord for what you've done

I'm linking up with Shawntele at Saved by Grace today for Music Monday.  Join in and share your praise today.

1 comments:

Shawntele said...

His love amazes me too! I am trying to deal with the feeling of undeserving and yet knowing the love is there anyway. How blessed are we?!!?

Thanks for sharing such a fitting song today, hope to see you again next week for more seasonal music!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History