Friday, December 3, 2010

A Caffeinated Christmas - My Favourite Things

Photobucket

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Oh, this is the wrong favourite things.  I'm looking for more of this kind of favourite thing:

Now don't get too excited.  I don't have anything to actually give away (although watch out I may have one next week).  I also don't want anyone to get too excited as I can't afford to have EMTs on hand at everyone's home.  But I thought I would list 10 of My Favourite Things that I would love to get or have and would love to share with all of you when I win the lottery (this too would be one of my favourite things).

Yes, the new iPod Nano Multitouch.  Look at the rainbow of colours you can get it in.  I would personally like the pink one.  But you can all have whatever colour you like.  I just like the fact that it's small  enough to  fit in my pocket while I cleaned the house or walked around town.  Plus, unlike the MP3 player I have now, you can actually see which album you want.
Call me old fashion or truly Canadian, but I so want my own Blackberry.  You can get them in many colours as well.  I love the QWERTY keyboard.  As a former legal assistant, I know where the keys are for texting.  I also love the fact that you can take pictures, videos or play music with it.  I think every busy mom needs one of these to help keep her life organized.


For all of us busy moms who just want one hour to sit, read and drink a cup of coffee, I think this would come in handy.  I know a few moms who already have one and they say it does really clean and it works for one hour on one room.  Just think, set and  go and come back to a clean rug.  Now if your house is all rug, you may have to spend an hour a day on each room, but just think that's one hour a day of drinking a great cup of coffee instead of vacuuming. 
A netbook.  I know many of you already have laptops, but some of us don't.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all have a little netbook to log on to and read each others blogs, look up recipies, check e-mails, pay bills, ....the list is lenghthy (hint, hint honey!). 
Isn't this the cutest little purse and it's called the Michelle.  It would be like having a little piece of me around with you while you're shopping which I'm really good at.  Plus don't you just love the colour.


This is the cutest sweater.  In fact, I'm wearing it right now.  You'd never guess it came from Avon.  It's so soft.  It works great as a mommy shirt and then going out top.  The boat neck is very flattering.

Now that we're all in cookie baking season, I think we all need one of these.  I was given one from my sister as a wedding present.  I love it as it does all the work for you, especially during a double batch.  You can get them in white, green, black, red, or even purple.  


As this comes out tonight at midnight.  I think no matter if you're one Team Edward (I personally call this Team Cullen) or Team Jacob, that this movie is for you.  Just a bit of fluff for some quiet time never hurt anyone. 
This is the runner that is supposed to help you work out just by wearing them.  For the amount of time I spend on my feet all day, I'm surmising that you're doing the same.  Wouldn't it take some of the stress off all of us if we thought that we were working out at the same time.  Multitasking at it's best.

I saved the best for last.  Isn't the idea of going on a Women of the Bible Tour with Liz Curtis Higgs not the most exciting thing you can think of.  She is a hoot and I think this would be a trip full of laughter, crying and learning all at the same time.  Just in time for shopping for next Christmas. 


I hope you enjoyed this Caffeinated Christmas.  I'm sorry there weren't any plus sized tube tops (You know who you are?).  I can't wait to see what you're favourite things are. Join us next week for Holiday Decorations which just maybe a VLOG (did that sound like a cheesy promo for a soap opera?).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that purse!!! Where's it from? I need it in my life! :P

Andi said...

I love your favorite things! And, I totally want one of those vacs. I think as a working girl it would revolutionize my life!

Unknown said...

I am so with you on the laptop and the Roomba. I'm asking my husband for the laptop and Santa for the Roomba. Hey, we have to have our priorities straight here!

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History