Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Knapsacks


Last Friday, Tom started preschool. He was so excited. He didn't want to put on his indoor runners at first. He wanted to run right to the play area. I had made arrangements for Sam to stay at a friends in case I had to stay. Thomas didn't even see me leave. I have to admit that I was a little depressed not to be needed. When I picked him up, he was excited and the teacher said that he was enjoyed himself.

That afternoon, once Nic got home, I was looking at two knapsacks. I was immediately struck that Nic and Tom are growing up and I can't be with them 24/7. It's not something any mother looks forward. Right now I have to give them up to God like Hannah gave up Samuel to God. I have to trust God to protect them and be with them when they are not with me. I have to trust that He has placed people in their lives who will teach them and guide them, in the way that He wants them to go. I can't and won't always be with them physically, but He will!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then one day you have three knapsacks sitting in your doorway and you just want to throw them out the door into the snowbank because you're sick of tripping over them!

I love your heart, Michelle.

Erin said...

I like to remember how God used Samuel in part because Hannah was willing to give him up. I'm not ready for the backpacks yet. Tuesday I left M in the nursery at church here with near strangers for the first time so I could go to Bible study. Ask me in a couple years...

Denise said...

i use to be a preschool teacher, walked many crying children away from mommies to comfort them. each time i asked the parents to make their departure quick. BUT then the day came i had to leave my own kids. AGHHH, it was so hard (and i worked right down the hall).

you are a brave mommy!

Simple Home said...

I haven't had to do this the same way because I homeschool, but they do grow up way too fast. You blink and their grown. My two oldest are going to graduate from college in May. They were just babies yesterday.
Blessings,
Marcia

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History