Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Vietnam


Christian forced to recant faith in Vietnam

A Christian couple from Ho Co village, Vietnam -- Sung Cua Po and Hang thi Va -- has endured physical abuse and threats since Sung converted to Christianity in November 2009. On December 1, the couple was arrested and beaten by officials after police earlier incited locals to abuse and stone them and other Christian families. Officials reportedly struck Sung 70 times on his head and back. Afterwards, the believers were fined 8 million dong (approximately $450 CAD) and a pig weighing at least 16 kilos. Sung's cell phone and motorbike were also confiscated.

On December 15, police took the couple to members of their extended family who severely pressured them to deny their Christian faith. When police threatened to beat Sung to death and seize his property, which would leave his family destitute, he signed recantation documents. He has since been subjected to further pressure from authorities, his family and clan members. Sung is scheduled to prove his reconversion on February 13 by offering sacrifices to ancestors. (Source: Compass Direct)

Ask God to equip Sung by His Holy Spirit to remain strong in his faith despite severe pressure and threats.

Pray for protection for Sung, Hang and their children, as well as the other Christian families in their community.

Pray that Vietnam will respect religious freedom for all its citizens.

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

My prayers are with them. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History