Monday, January 25, 2010

Music Monday - Yet I Will Praise You


My friends and I have started a small group and we are studying Ruth. The verse that we started studying this week was when Naomi returns to Bethlehem and blames God for her sorrow.

"Don't call me Naomi," she told them. "Call me Mara, c]">because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me." Ruth 1: 20-21 NIV


Like Ruth, sometimes I forget that through all my circumstances I am called to praise God. Through our joy and pain; through our laughter and tears, we are called to praise God. This song reminds us that through the times we don't feel like God is with us that we need to praise Him even more.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5: 2-4 NIV


I will praise You Lord my God
Even in my brokenness
I will praise You Lord
I will praise You Lord my God
Even in my desperation
I will praise You Lord

And I can't understand
All that You allow
I just can't see the reason
But my life is in Your hands
And though I cannot see You
I choose to trust You

Even when my heart is torn I will praise (trust) You Lord
Even when I feel deserted I will praise (trust) You Lord
Even in my darkest valley I will praise (trust) You Lord
And when my world is shattered and it seems all hope is gone
Yet I will praise You Lord

I will trust You Lord my God
Even in my loneliness
I will trust You Lord
I will trust You Lord my God
Even when I cannot hear You
I will trust You Lord

And I will not forget
That You hung on a cross
Lord You bled and died for me
And if I have to suffer
I know that You've been there
And I know that You're here now

Go and share your Music Monday with Shawntele at Saved by Grace.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

While it's often the hardest time to remember, it turns into the most beautiful.

Donnetta said...

I believe that is what a sacrifice of praise is.

To praise God when to do so requires sacrifice of where my heart, thoughts and spirit would rather choose to remain... focused on myself and surroundings rather than on Him!

Thanks for such a wonderful reminder!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this beautiful reminder to praise and thank God in all our circumstances. Thanks too for stopping by my blog earlier.

Annesphamily said...

I loved reading your post. I love the Book of Ruth. She was one incredibly determined woman. She was a wonderful steward for the Lord. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Dudich said...

Beautiful song with a beautiful message. Thanks Michelle!
I just took a little quiz on facebook and the bible woman I was "most like" is RUTH!!!

Cindy Bultema said...

Hi Michelle :)
I'm so excited to hear you are doing Kelly Minter's new Ruth study. Please keep me posted on how it works for your group. We did No Other gods by Kelly last winter and it was FANTASTIC!! Hope to dig into that Ruth study soon!!
Blessings to you!!
Cindy :)

P.S. I love your Monday craft. I'll have to try that for my girls. So cute!! And they seem to always have pics everywhere!! Thanks for sharing!!

Shawntele said...

What a wonderful song choice Michelle, I am so grateful you shared this one today, thank you!

homeschool101 said...

I am so glad you shared this. What an encourager. Thanks for sharing! God Bless you!

Kara With a K said...

What a beautiful song! I agree with Donnetta, that is what a sacrifice of praise is.

And the book of Ruth is one of my favorite books of the bible, I love her story like no one elses!!

Denise said...

this is a beautiful song.
it is a choice to praise.
i hope to be found praising him whatever my circumstances.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History