Monday, January 4, 2010

Music Monday - God of the Moon & Stars



After my last Music Monday post, my hubby and I discovered an awesome Dutch worship leader named Kees Kraayenoord. He is amazing. We have downloaded 3 of his CDs. One is completely in dutch, but since they are new renditions of old hymns we sing along with them in English. I feel the Holy Spirits' presence whenever we listen to his music and know that they are all God breathed.

This week I have chosen one of his most controversial songs. However, at the start of a new year it is a good reminder that God is the God of everything and everyone. In his image are we all created. That no one else's sins are greater than your own and that we are all equal in His eyes. This song is haunting and sings to my soul. I hope you all enjoy it and reflect upon its words as I do whenever I listen to it.



God of the moon and stars
God of the gay- and singles bars
God of the fragile hearts we are, I come to you
God of our history, god of the future that will be
What will you make of me, I come to you

God of the meek and mild,
God of the reckless and the wild
God of the unreconciled, I come to you
God of our life and death
God of our secrets unconfessed
God of our every breath, I come to you

God of the rich and poor
God of the princess and the whore
God of the ever open door, I come to you
God of the unborn child
God of the pure and undefiled
God of the pimp and pedophile, I come to you

God of the war and peace
God of the junkie and the priest
God of the greatest and the least, I come to you
God of the refugee
God of the prisoner and the free
God of our doubt and certainty, I come to you

God of our joy and grief
God of the lawyer and the thief
God of our faith and unbelief, I come to you
God of the wounds we bear
God of the deepest dreams we share
God of our unspoken prayer, I come to you

God of a world that´s lost
God of the lonely cross
God who has come to us, I come to you

Now go and post the music God is calling you to at Saved by Grace.

4 comments:

ali cross said...

Wow, those lyrics are so powerful. Thank you for this. I also love your blog name ~ it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love that our God is big enough to be God of everyone. Even the people I may not think He should be. Thanks for posting this, Michelle.

Shawntele said...

How disheartening to read that this song is controversial, it has such an awesome message! We are all God's children, and so loved by Him.

Thanks for linking up to Music Monday, happy new year!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed this song. I get chills every time, I hear it.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History