Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Iraq


Christians shot, kidnapped in Mosul, Iraq

Christians in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul have continued to face attacks in recent weeks. On December 24, Basil Isho Youhanna was shot and killed in front of his house in the northern neighbourhood of Tahrir. On December 28, a university student, Sarah Edmond Youhanna, was kidnapped from The University of Mosul. The kidnappers have since telephoned Sarah's family and stated they are members of an Islamic group. Two days later, on December 30, a deacon, Zhaki Homo Bashir, was seriously injured when unknown assailants shot him in his shop in the district of al Jadida. (Source: AsiaNews)

Pray for the loved ones of Basil as they grieve and complete a complete recovery for Zhaki.

Ask God to protect Sarah and bring her home safely.

Pray that authorities will provide protection for Christians and other minorities in the country.

1 comments:

Kari said...

Amazing how you don't hear these things and see them plastered all over the news! Thank you for posting this.

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History