Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday's Voice - Pakistan

Two Christians shot for refusing to convert in Pakistan

On December 26, two Pakistani Christians, Imran Masih (21) and Khushi Masih (24), were shot for refusing to convert to Islam while at a wedding in Chak 297-JB, Punjab province. Shortly after the believers arrived at the wedding, a group of armed Muslim youths surrounded them and began shooting into the air, as is a customary show of celebration at village weddings. However, one of the Muslims then threatened to shoot Imran and Khushi if they did not recite the Islamic profession of faith. The Christians refused and instead recited Psalm 91. The infuriated Muslims then shot the believers in the chest and left them for dead. At last report, the believers were receiving treatment at a hospital and doctors were hopeful that they would make a full recovery. Police have yet to arrest the suspects, who have claimed that the shootings were an accident. (Source: Compass Direct)

Thank the Lord for the bold stand Imran and Khushi made for their faith.

Pray for their complete healing and recovery.

Pray that they will find refuge under the cover of His wings (Psalm 91:4).

0 comments:

My photo
Alberta, Canada
I'm a 39 year old (oh yeah I'm telling you my age) Stay at Home mom. A former Bad Girl now reformed sinner, I'm married to my Y2K guy and raising 3 great children from God. Proudly Canadian, however, missing the West Coast, I currently live in the prairies watching the farmers fields produce as I learn how God produces the fruits in me.
FacebookTwitter
Email
RSS

Mini Me

Mini Me

Middleman

Middleman

Tormentinator

Tormentinator

Friends and Neighbours

Where I travel

Prairie History